Earthing is the process of creating an alternative path for the flow of fault/excessive currents safely into the ground in the presence of minimal resistance or impedance.
The primary purpose of earthing is to reduce the risk of serious electric shock from current leaking into un-insulated metal parts of an appliance, power tool, or other electrical devices. In a properly earthed system, such leaking/fault current is carried away harmlessly while tripping the fuse. Earthing also provides protection from large electrical disturbances like lightning strikes and power surges. It also aids in the dissipation of hazardous static electrical charges.
Although most electrical systems have fuses or circuit breakers for protection against a fault current, the human body may be fatally electrocuted by a current of less than one ampere which is well below the point at which a fuse or breaker will operate. Earthing helps minimize such hazards from occurring.
- Our GI Earth Electrodes ensure longer life to equipment and machines, safety of humans.
- Completely maintenance free hence eliminating maintenance cost.
- Best quality crystalline conductive compound is pressurized filled and ensuring highest conductivity to withstand any leakage current.
- EEC Back fill compound is responsible to make Electrode surrounding moisture rich and creating easy path to current.
- Depending upon the soil, back fill compounds are selected to ensure rich moisture area around Electrode.
- Hot Dip galvanization is performed to ensure the longer life of the earth electrodes to protect from corrosion.
- Petrochemical, nuclear facilities
- Data centers
- Process control and automation
- Corrections, hospitals
- Substations and wind turbines